Losing some or all of your teeth could deprive you of your basic oral functions. Activities such as eating, speaking, or even smiling would be difficult to do as well. Here at Ammari Dental in Aurora, CO, our dentist, Dr. Raed Ammari, regularly utilizes dentures for restoring missing teeth. Here’s what you should know about this time-tested and popular teeth restoration treatment.
What are Dentures and How Do They Work?
Dentures are wearable oral appliances that replace missing teeth. Their design involves a set of prosthetic teeth that are attached to a metal or plastic plate. Full dentures have an acrylic base that matches the color of your gums. The upper denture lies on the roof of your mouth, whereas the lower denture is formed like a horseshoe to fit your tongue. They are custom-designed in a dental laboratory based on the impressions of your mouth and are made to appear just like your natural teeth.
Depending on your specific requirements, one of the following types of dentures may be recommended by your dentist in Aurora, CO:
- Conventional Full Dentures: This is often used when the remaining teeth in your mouth have been removed and the tissues have healed, which might take around several months.
- Immediate Full Dentures: This is placed in your mouth as soon as your remaining teeth are removed. Throughout the healing period, you wouldn’t have to be without teeth, yet you may need to get your dentures relined when your jaw is healed.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are supported on a metal frame that is fastened to your natural teeth. In some cases, crowns are put on your natural teeth to support your dentures.
How You Can Benefit from Dentures?
Full dentures can provide you with a range of benefits such as the following:
- They boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- They provide support to your facial muscles.
- Your smile and appearance will be enhanced.
- Improvement in the way you talk and communicate.
- You could clean them with ease as they are removable
- Dentures nowadays are more comfortable and functional.
- They are long-lasting and very affordable.
Interested in Dentures? Give Us a Call
Arrange a consultation with your dentist here in Ammari Dental in Aurora, CO, Dr. Raed Ammari, by calling (303) 283-8009.